Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Stand and Be Better

I have a lot to say and no ability to say it. I wish I had eloquence and knowledge, but really I am just a simple man who deeply wants to protect his home and stand for what is right and true. I don't seek to excuse myself, but I do wish that the reader will take my words for what they are worth and not be overly concerned with how these words are delivered. 

I just finished watching "One Man's Hero." Its a sad tragedy of brave men who fought for their freedoms, but were overcome and hung for treason. It made me realize that we are not trying hard enough. I too often sit back and get swamped by things that are mundane and trivial. I'm going to college right now and I see all these youth around me and I worry about how little they care about truth and valor. They just care about tests, jobs, and flirting. None of those things are wrong but were it for their complete blindness to the Hell's campaign against them. 

None of them know what evil really looks like: men hanging from three feet of rope, gas chambers, starving children, the sound bullets make when they thump into friends or the treads of a tank. Their willful blindness is the cause of their future suffering. Only a great fool would say that a day of great darkness isn't on its way. Who here at college has the metal in them to stand and fight this evil? Do any of these classes prepare these youth, nay, kids for the onslaught they will face in life? Where is the soul in all of this? I'm tired of dealing with the pettiness of who likes who and who did what because why. This generation has a mission to accomplish! If we don't see to that mission, great suffering will inevitably pursue us!

They call us generation X, or they call us millennials, but our generation has not faced their demons yet. In fact, we are making them as we speak. This generation may be known as generation Z because "Z" is the last letter in the alphabet, or, It will be known as a generation of heroes who overcame Satan's plot to overthrow mankind. They will be known as virtue's soldiers. The keepers of peace and the stewards of plenty. But what are we going to do to make it the latter instead of the former? 

We have a story to write. But how will it be written and are we going to be the bad guys or the good guys? We need to stand and be better. We need to educate our minds with only the highest and loftiest books so that we can really understand the world and not tabloidic falsehood that newscasters and celebrities give us. We need to embrace our mission. We need to sweat and work long hours to better our situation. We need to put aside our petty lifestyles and become fierce defenders of truth and justice. No longer slump in sin and foolishness but stand and be ready for when the Captain calls you to rank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment